I was asked how do I work on my period when my job requires some lifting, movement and a friendly attitude.
My first thought was TF? I do it like a freaking boss! I’m tough as hell!
Then I thought about it, it then prompted me to write this post. I love going to work and doing my job; however when mother nature visits; my job is no longer awesome it is the worst. Why?
- Cramps and Lifting pcs and printers do not mix.
- I can not be friendly while my uterus is attacking me
- Pulling out a hard drive? I rather pull out my reproductive system.
Well here is how I deal with my period at work:
- I Do Not Go – I opt for working remotely.
- I avoid lifting as much as possible.
- Find a reliable pain killer or combo. When it comes down to it and you have to go in and work find a great remedy that works for you. Whether is ibuprofen and peppermint tea or a shot of whiskey. Go for it.
- Find a Trustworthy & Comfortable Product or Solution. Make sure whatever you’re wearing; pad, tampon, or period cup make sure you feel comfortable.
- Wear Comfortable Shoes & Clothing – I usually wear high heels; but doesn’t work so well during this time. I also ensure that what I’m wearing comfortable.
- Show No Pain! I do not let my coworkers know. I work with men; I really refuse to let them say or think my actions are irrational and a result of my period. Or treat my life some frail being. F**k that shit!
How do handle your period?