Many of us have now resorted to working from home due to the COVID-19 Outbreak. Some people thrive and love working remotely while others find it difficult due to many personal reasons. Here are some tips to help you with this transition.
- Create your workspace. Whether it’s a home office or desk in a bedroom or a section of the dining table create your designated area. Even though this may be an area where you have to assemble and disassemble daily.
- Ensure your seat is comfortable. Most of us have no idea when we’ll be back to work, so it’s hard to make a decision on buying a chair or just getting cushion be pieces.
- Set work hours if they aren’t already set for you. I mimick my actual work time since I expect to head back to work soon.
- Always prepare yourself to be on camera waist up if you’ll have to do video calls. Casual, conservative clothing is generally okay, like a high cut plain t-shirt.
- Set boundaries. When you are at lunch, you’re at lunch. It’s easy to pick up the phone and start working because you’re at home. Be sure to take the breaks you need and are allotted.
- Be social. Whether it’s, Slack, Teams, or whatever chat system your company has in place, say hello from time to time.
- Avoid Social Media and activities that you may get sucked into resulting in a lack of productivity.
- Get outside daily. Whether it’s sitting in the backyard, grabbing groceries or a short walk, go outside. Don’t forget to practice social distancing.
Please stay safe everyone, follow the CDC guidelines, and be sure to get all your information on this outbreak from reputable sources.