Recently I have been seeing a few people posting that they suspected that their phones might have been hacked. Which prompted me to write this post.
6 Signs Your Phone May Be Hacked:
- Apps are installed that you didn’t install.
- Your phone is getting random pop-ups, that hasn’t happened before.
- Apps that usually work fine are now crashing. However check to see if any recent updates have been applied to that app to rule out that cause.
- Your data is much slower, or you can see that your data usage is higher than normal.
- Your device sends and receives strange text messages. These may not be visible on your phone, but you’ll see them on your phone bill records.
- Your device is hotter and the battery dies faster.
If you suspect your device is hacked there are a number of steps you can take, however I definitely suggest doing a factory reset. Hopefully you have followed my advice on backing up your mobile device.